Climate change is definitely the most identifiable global concerns today. It has taken centre stage in world for and has raised many mitigative measures to counter the worrying trends. Construction is one of the contributors to climate change as can be derived from our previous examples, which are summarized below.
· Lowering of the water table, making it more difficult for plants to survive.
· Hampering with weather conditions for example by altering normal rain formation trends of a specific area.
· Clearing vegetation, reducing moisture available for rain formation.
· Reducing water available to water bodies with similar effects as above.
· Increasing water available in an area for evaporation and thus more precipitation in an area.
· Industrial and residential emissions, altering normal air conditions.
All these and more are ways in which construction activity has continually led to climate change. The conditions of an area are continually changed to form completely different ones. Some of the common direct results of these include:
· Depletion of the ozone layer, risking us to harmful radiations from the sun.
· Reduced precipitation, resulting to more cost of acquiring water.
· Increased precipitation, requiring more elaborate ways of removing excess water or even requiring project design changes.
· Reduction of food in the food chain, leading more food chain conflict and imbalances.
These are just but examples. The blatant truth is that climate change is becoming a very thorny issue and it needs to be addressed by all and sundry. All avenues available for averting this trend should be sought and followed. Key players in the construction industry ought to join hands with their counterparts, especially in the manufacturing industry, to come up with eco friendly products and procedures. Activities that lead to toxic emissions, for example, should be shunned as much as possible and if not, should be put at a minimum. Buildings should be provided with utilities that lead to less wastage, for example by reusing some materials. The issue of cost and value should be clearly addressed to make sure that the better advantage goes to the environment as opposed to the developer alone. Consultations should be done to ensure that all the hurdles to environmental conservation that arise in any project are properly handled at the earliest opportune moment.
It is always important to remember that our climate determines just how easy our tomorrow will be. It thus calls for all that are involved to put into consideration the idea of continuity in the construction project at hand.
Kynyn Kamau wishes you good health, that is why we have tailor-made our blog just for you! Here you find mental health when you read our platinum level author ezine submissions on the live feed, Learn all about eating your way to a healthy body and learn a simple approach to a healthy financial status on our online business tutorial page! All this you find at http://todayskynynarticle.blogspot.com/ See u there!